Do you want to receive the latests news from ESPA?
How to select your swimming pool filtration equipment?
To keep the water of the swimming pool clean and healthy we must filter it daily, it means that all the water must circulate through the filter at least once a day. Generally, the filtration equipment will be working between 6 or 8 hours per day.
There are two key products to obtain an optimal result in your swimming pool:
- pump, which is responsible of recirculating the swimming pool water to the filter and returning it filtered to the swimming pool. * If the hydraulic performance of the pump is not enough, it will not be able to recirculate all the water of the pool.
- filter is where all the particles and impurities are removed from the water. The filter must be chosen according to the pump’s hydraulic performance and volume of the swimming pool. If it is dimensioned incorrectly, the filtration will be irregular and as result, the water will have a lower quality.
Filtration equipment selection table
In the following table, you can easily select the pump and filter needed according to the volume of your swimming pool and the daily operational hours of the filtration equipment. We recommend you to follow the next steps:
1. Select the filtration time (daily operating hours of the pump, normally between 6 and 8 hours per day). * It is better more hours of operation because “water in movement is healthy water”.
2. Look at the table for the approximate volume of your pool.
3. Check the suggested pump and filter.
4. Check the pump consumption for the selected operating mode.